Sunday, August 21, 2011

Failure and Redemption! AKA Days 21 and 22

Friday night I was very excited because we were having Shish Kabobs! I marinated some beef (the stew meat I purchase in bulk) and chopped onions, bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. Turned the grill on low and threw my shish kabobs on. I asked Nick to keep and eye on them and turn them periodically while I mowed the lawn. I didn't anticipate the lawn taking as long as it did! The grass in one area was so high that the mower kept dying. Anywho, when I came up the shish kabobs were still on the grill!!! I opened the grill and sure enough they were charred beyond recognition!
"Nick! Why are these still on the grill! They are burned!!"
"Oh, I didn't think they were burned....."

I tried to eat the charred remains of my dinner but we ended up getting a pizza! So that meal was a total FAILURE! At least I cooked at home even if it was inedible!

Saturday
After Friday's failure I was determined to make something great! Pasta Primavera was my goal.
I sliced up some zucchini, yellow bell peppers, onions, and garlic. In a pan I sauteed them in olive oil. Then added the pasta (I used spagetti noodles). Once I had gotten the noodles covered in the olive oil I added the red sauce and tomatoes (home made).
Toss that around until the noodles are covered. Plate and serve with Parm or Mozz.

Everyone loved it! Redemption!

Red Sauce
-1 can Tomato sauce
-1 can Tomato paste
-1 can chopped italian tomatoes
Garlic Powder and Garlic
Basil
Oregano
(or use an Italian seasoning)
Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment