Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 25

Another busy day! I deep cleaned the house today (well at least the main living area). Doing this while juggling the three kids was fun! ;-) I was mothering, doing laundry, folding, cleaning, vacuuming, or moping something from 7am until 3pm when I was finally able to shower. It feels good to sit in my clean house.

Tonight I actually cooked twice! Noah requested Chili and Chips for dinner (aka Frito Pie)
To make chili;
1lb ground beef - browned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 can pinto beans
1 small can of tomato sauce
2 cups water
3 tbs Chili powder (this is a very rough estimate, I usually just use a regular spoon not a measuring spoon)
1.5 tbs Cumin (again rough)
Garlic powder

Add the tomato sauce to the meat.

Combine dry ingredients in a cup, add the two cups of water and stir. Pour mixture over meat and sauce. Stir well. Bring to a boil and let simmer. Add can of pinto beans. The longer the chili simmers the better it will taste.

Put yours chips (corn or tortilla chips work best) in a bowl. Pour the chili over the top. I usually add home made pico (chopped red and white onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic, salt, and pepper) and cheese.

This is what the family ate.

I went to a lovely friends house for a Brunch dinner :) I was planning on making a large omelet but it proved to difficult to flip so it was just a scramble. Basically it was scrambled eggs with pico (see above, duh.)

Everything tasted great. Now off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment