Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 3

Today was Noah's first day of camp! It was very exciting for us all! Noah is usually a very out going boy, but recently in large unfamiliar groups he hides behind my leg. Today happened to be one of those days. When we arrived (after he had cereal and toast for breakfast and I had my usual bagel with cream cheese) kids were all over the place and he really wasn't sure what to do with himself. Once I got him settled in the twins and I were able to head out. When I picked him up he was sweaty and had a blast. It was nice having some time with just the twins.




For lunch we all had something different. I sent Nick with left over pasta, I had left over tacos, and Noah had a sandwich.

Dinner- I decided to make a vegetarian meal tonight. For all you Texans out there thinking WHHHAAATT??? The family and I have started eating a lot less meat. 1. it's better for our body and 2 its better for our pocket book. So for our meal I made stir fry veggies with white rice. I cut up red and green bell peppers, red and white onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, and cilantro. Seasoned with garlic powder, a little salt, and pepper. I used about 2 tbs of olive oil and a small amount of soy sauce and sautéed the veggies. Yum Yum!! Even Noah ate all his carrots and broccoli!



The rest of the week I have meals planned- Carne Guisada, Salad, Pork Chops, and Grilled Chicken. For side dishes I have Corn, Potatoes, Beans, Mixed Veggies, and Rice.

Till mealtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment