Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 4

Yesterday was a rough day, but I pushed through and made all our meals at home.

We had my version of Carne Guisada. It was good, not exactly like I wanted it but it still tasted yum.

In a crock pot I put about 1lb of stew meat chunks. I purchase my meat in bulk so I get these pre-cut stew meat chunks and use them for everything but stew. Anyway I add 6-8 oz of tomato sauce, 6-8 oz of diced tomatoes with green chilis, onions, cilantro, and that same chili/water mix I use on my chili. Turn the crock pot on high and let it cook for 6-8 hours. You want the meat to shred and fall apart.
I served this on corn tortillas with onion, cilantro and cheese. For Noah I used a hard taco shell; he doesn't dig on the corn tortilla yet.

Hoping for a smoother day today!


1 comment:

  1. I would love to try this. I love cooking too and been trying to experiment to cook different kinds of dishes. I like your blog. Thank you for posting this:-)

    ReplyDelete