Thursday, August 25, 2011

Days 26 &27

Wednesday
Pesto!

An easy dish I make when time is low! Basically you cook Rotini noodles as per package instructions. While that cooks chop up half an onion, half a bell pepper, 1 large clove of garlic. Drain your pasta and put back in pot. Add the veggies then add your pesto. I get the cheap kind in a jar (same aisle as pasta sauce). I used to get the fresh stuff in the refrigerator section but it is wicked expensive (like my NE speak) up here. Toss the veggies and pesto together. I usually let it sit until its warm or even serve cold from the fridge. I served it with garlic cheese bread!




Thursday-
Tonight I will be making Veggie Fried Rice! In a wok heat olive oil. Once heated add thicker veggies (those that take longer to cook) like broccoli, carrots and bell peppers. Then add your thinner/smaller things- onion, garlic, cilantro. Then add your pre-cooked (cooled) rice. Toss and get the rice coated with the olive oil. Continue tossing and add soy sauce, I also usually throw in some black pepper.
Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment