Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20, 2010

I posted this as a discussion on my Mom's group board. So I thought I would post it here too.

I am sure most if not all Moms go through this but I thought I would reach out to the group for support and thoughts...

The further along I get (in my pregnancy) the more guilty I begin to feel. It's like I am taking something away from Noah. I know I am giving him a gift, siblings are great (at times). But it has been just the three of us for 3 years and I don't want him to think he is less important because more children are coming along. Maybe if it weren't two (out numbering him) I would feel differently, but I don't think so. I don't want him to resent the babies for taking the attention away. I also feel sad. It's just us and our bond is so strong. I don't want to loose that or for it to become less because my time for him is going to be limited. I have always known that the older Noah gets the more difficult it was going to be for him when babies came, I guess I just didn't realize how hard it was going to be on me. My older brother was 4 when I was born and he was awful to me until I was in college. It was a big deal me coming and taking his place as the youngest and to top it all off I was a girl. He told my parents to send me back (as story I really think I could have done with out hearing). But I was 2 when my little brother was born and don't recall his being born or being the youngest. I just remember having a best friend growing up. I just worry that Noah is now at the age where he is going to remember the attention and the difference after the babies come. I mean one way to make a kid feel less important is to have all the ppl who once ooed and ahhed over you to all of a sudden oo and ahh over a new baby and poor kid he has to deal with the novelty of twins!
Sorry to vent, but I was just curious if others felt this way and what you did to help/prepare yourself and your child.

Yep those are undies on his head! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment