Friday, May 8, 2009

The time has almost arrived

It's set. I got the all clear from my Internist on Monday and saw the surgeon on Thursday. He went over the procedure, we discussed my new diet,and the dos and don'ts.
I got the call today that I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am on Monday.

I am scared. I have had surgery before. I was scared then too, but I didn't have a child or husband to think about then. My c-section I didn't have time to think about so I was just excited to see Noah. Now I worry what will happen if something goes wrong. I am sure it will all be fine. Dr. Bell has OUTSTANDING credentials and ranks very high among Gastric Surgeons. I just worry. I'm a Mom I guess that comes with the job.

Part of me wishes we were at home. Nick would have such a stronger support system if we were. But I wouldn't be having this surgery if we were still in Austin. Insurance didn't cover it there, thank goodness for the semi-socialized medicine of Yale(I will talk more about our awesome health benefits later). You know I guess I wish I had the stronger support system too. I am not supposed to lift anything heavier than 10lbs for two weeks. How does someone with a two year old do that? I can't tell you how many times a day I pick Noah up. In fact I just came back from picking him up and rocking him back to sleep. He is active and wants his Mommy to play and isn't going to understand when I have to tell him no.
Sadly though most of my friends don't even know my surgery is coming up. 1800 miles really has a way of slowing communication. Anyway...

I plan on keeping this updated as I loose weight. I need to post pictures too, so I can document the loss. I don't think I will post what my weight is now, but I'll post lbs lost. The Dr. seems to think I can loose as much as 50lbs in the first 2 months if I follow the plan right.
Well here's hoping all goes well.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment