Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3 weeks out

It's been 3 weeks since the surgery. My incisions are almost completely healed and I need to start putting scar cream on them so I don't have nasty scars all over my tummy. :)
I have started eating real foods again. I am allowed eggs, yogurt, fruits, some veggies, and cottage cheese. My energy level is starting to increase and I have made my way back to the YMCA. Of course I find it SOOO hard to get up in the morning for the workout. The Y offers child watch from 9-12 So I have to be out of the house no later than 10am to get a good work out in. I know it sounds late enough but when you go to bed at 1am and your son wakes up at 6am it's hard to find the energy to get everyone dressed fed and out the door.
Now that I am allowed to eat some real food I am finding it easier to make it through the day. I am down 32lbs! It's a nice feeling to be down so much. My goal is to hopefully be down 50lbs by the time I come to TX for the reunion. Even at 50lbs I won't be near the weight I was in HS but I won't be the weight I am now.

The family is doing well. We are putting the house in Cedar Park on the market and praying that it sells by August. Nick and I want to be able to feel at home here and it's hard to do when you have to always ask permission to do something as the home isn't ours. I'm not sure if we will be able to afford to buy up here but we will be in a better position to do that if we could sell our home. As I said earlier we are coming to TX in July. I am throwing my good friend Kryssy a couples wedding shower and I have the reunion that I have been working on forever. I have my fingers crossed that people get off their butts and start purchasing tickets. I honestly have no idea why people say "Oh I can't wait" and then don't buy tickets! I am just praying that enough people purchase tickets that the reunion doesn't turn out to be hokey.

Well that's all for now.
:) W

No comments:

Post a Comment