Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Love Baking

One of my greatest joys is cooking and baking. In the last 2 years I have become pretty good, if I may toot my own horn a bit!

Today I decided to try and make my own cookie/cake recipe. Coming up with cooking recipes is one thing. Cooking is all heart and I find it more difficult to screw up. Baking is a lot about chemistry though. If it's not just right you end up with disaster. Believe me I have had a few. Muffins that could be used as cannon balls to name one. :-) However I got it JUST RIGHT today! I am so excited. These cupcake/muffins are super yummy, fluffy, with a light sweet flavor. I am so excited I wanted to share!
So here they are. I call them Chocolate Milk Cupcakes.

Chocolate Milk Cupcakes
1 cup butter soft
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tbs Vanilla
2 tbs (give or take) chocolate syrup
1 cup chocolate milk (low-fat milk)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and allow it to fully mix. Then mix in syrup, vanilla, and milk. The mix will look a bit lumpy (this is normal). Then slowly add all dry ingredients. Once the batter is well blended it will be thick and creamy.
Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Top with powder sugar or a light frosting.
Makes 2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment